Re: [OpenHeroQuest] From HQrules list

From: Philip Murphy <pendragon_at_5mRsUo55i1MYADjDkAufHo6gRgkaD2RS0446dzy7coLNrwySSHWFjvm8uoYButa7dH>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 20:47:03 -0000

Chris,

>>We knew who the bad guys were.
>> The question was whether we
>>should do anything about it. Are
>>you claiming that we had a moral
>>or legal obligation to intervene?

No. Are you suggesting that you had the knowledge and couldn't make up your mind? Because you DID (eventually) make up your mind. You see, you can't have it both ways. Either you were so stupid that you couldn't see what was right in front of your face OR you were so stupid that you couldn't see the importance of it. Which brand of stupidity was it?

>>...lots of people thought "it is not
>>our war" up until then.

Ah. So it was the old, "we can see the evil but we don't give a shit because there's nothing in it for us" tactic? You only got involved when you thought, "Aha - we could take all those nasty Nazi scientists and make them work for us!"? Can't you see the immaturity of that logic? You're a baby country.

>>If you are against our war in Iraq...

As it happens, I was/am very much pro-war (but then you intentionally misread everything, it seems). Why didn't the old, "we can see the evil but we don't give a shit because there's nothing in it for us" tactic apply to Iraq, then? Couldn't be anything to do with the "Aha - we could take control of all that oil!" tactic, could it?

>>The facts that there was nothing
>>of substance here 400 years ago...

The indigenous population and culture of North America was "nothing of substance"? Unlike MacDonald's Las Vegas, you mean? You're an ignorant, blind bigot.

>>Historically, this is no different
>>than countless other wars...

Err... you're talking crap, AGAIN. There are NO instances of genocide on this scale in the past. EVER. Your butchery is unequalled.

>>That was somewhat problematic...
>>All I can say is that we have
>>learned from it.

That's twice you've said that. You've been wrong both times.

>>Nah. It's more fun to sling mud.

You mean you like to show off in front of your friends? It's a shame you don't have anything worth showing. You're like all bullies (American and otherwise) - all bluster and no substance. Any sort of intellectual exchange terrifies you.

>>...by calling us "improper", you...
>>seemingly ignore the fact that
>>hatred and killing are
>>fundamentally wrong.

I'm doing no such thing. I'm simply pointing out that you cannot respond to something (that may well be fundamentally wrong) with more "wrongness". This is your childish immaturity again. When on trial for murder, you cannot use "But he called me a bad name, Your Honour, and that's WRONG!" as a valid defence (not even in the USA).

>>Usama and his boys hate us
>>because of exactly what we
>>believe we stand for: free minds,
>>free elections, and free markets...
>>For that and similar reasons, he
>>thinks we should die, because we
>>are wrong, wrong, wrong. We're
>>not imposing our laws on him, but
>>he seeks to impose his on us.

And opinions like that are exactly why the terrorism will continue. Who fed you that bullshit? Why do you eat it? And why are you regurgitating it over me? Get off me, you disgusting little ignoramus!

>>So again, why are you sticking up
>>for terrorists?

I'm not. For your information, I'm Northern Irish through and through, and I detest terrorism with a passion that you can't even imagine. But I'm smart enough to know that merely gainsaying a terrorist's opinion is the most ridiculous stance to take. It is arrogance and stupidity in the extreme. Not that you would actually know what the terrorist's opinion is so that you could gainsay it. Of course, I would expect nothing less than this total ignorance from a Mr Joe Average American like you. Much as I would expect the following:

>>...you big, fat, stinkin',
>>frijole-enhanced, garlic-fortified,
>>six-egg-omelet, sulphurous stench
>>of a fart.

Oh, I'm so offended. And I'm awed by your intellectual prowess.

Philip
"By and large constable, 'the good' is an illusion - little fables folks tell themselves so they can get through their days without screaming too much."