Re: Why...

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_ATKMbUyngmkwS5-3cWuQqhit6gW0Lrq0Czkn1YGrSma_Vnq78JW2LThdvTMpkq11z4Qe>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 21:26:15 -0000

> Check out the "Complete Agreement" clause in the (default) website
> licensing agreement while you're about it. I find myself in
complete
> disagreement with it. Which would be ironic, I suppose...

Nick, a "Complete Agreement" clause is pretty normal in contracts - it simply means that the licensing agreement is a standa-lone document (actually not true - it incorporates the Fan Policy, but as a standard rule of interpretation, clauses in the license trump the policy).

> Under the Concept Use statement, Issaries can now include all of
that
> material when they come out with "ILH-1: The Lunar Empire", and
*not*
> give you any fucking credit at all, *and* you agreed to that and
have
> nothing to complain about.

I personally think you should have been given credit as a courtesy. However, that sort of creditation is not required under the Act. I haven't seen the contract under which you were operating, but even assuming there was such a requirement, your legal remedies were pretty minimal. I mean, I'm not even sure if that would be treated as a major breach of the contract (and likely Issaries has cured the breach).

Look Nick - I'm not trying to be argumentative here - I'm just trying to spell out the legal issues at play.

Jeff