Re: cheese

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_8dWYcYYynFsQgN1Z_7WQdM0BEx4beXYoRVL6VEcGbxX86cmsSNsq6ZUNJG4UtWu>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:43:26 -0800 (PST)

Alison
> > You're not missing much, Jane. Colby is just
> > cheddar that will never grow up.

Chris Lemens
> The point of the Colby is that it melts really well
> and picks up the the flavor of whatever you cook
> with it. Frankly, Monterrey Jack isn't much
different.

     So Colby and Monterrey Jack are just manifestations of the American melting pot? And I'll grant they're homegrown, which would be appropriate for Tex-Mex.

> If you just want to eat cheese, go hang out with
> surrender-monkeys. Chris

     If you're the kind of person who won't show up to help until millions of your friends have died, eat American cheese. Gratuitous, Chris, gratuitous.

     Give them a break, the French got horribly burnt in WWI. They didn't go for the prospect of another prolonged home game in WWII, just because they happened to have rebuilt in the meanwhile, and had another generation of young men ready to be butchered.  I believe Americans have a similar aversion - you've never gone in for another civil war, even though it'd be hard to lose.

Alison

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel to find your fit. http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097