Re:AW: Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_JD8lj1qB6xwxx6evOUc6tuY-DSU9yuCrvUVD07QTyz9P2YSuOvUPAmkYM9Z-sPbyojw>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 20:05:09 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 9 May 2007, Jeff Richard wrote:

>> I have no problem with this, but why, if a female PC wants to be
> able to
>> smahsh things, is life made ahrder for her thana male PC?
>
> So all PCs are Orlanthi?

No - where did that one come from?

> You want a female PC to be able smash
> things on the same terms as a male PC (like in an online MMORPG) -
> play a Lunar (and I mean a Lunar - not a Dara Happan - since the Red
> Goddess doesn't have a male/female divide). Or go to Umathela, where
> Humakt is viewed as a woman. Or play a Humakti - they are dead and
> gender roles don't matter (although they have tons and tons and tons
> of restrictions).

And if I and the players want to base it in Sartar? Why does the female PC have to suffer restrictions the mal PC doesn't?

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_d4_Fleg0Sta21WN9S5QAPNQHnbyIoeQIlNaKyYPjdxsZ_MSy6Qe3NtekexeQpjYz59vWc9fWCRRrF4th9pebcw.yahoo.invalid