Re:AW: Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_gmK-tgpz_0O9dc9AMj43XDL5meSoQVMsYw0F1AMPG2AYpYc-DIiE790iUzkfz>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:38:33 -0000

Wonderful Jeff, welcome to the party! :^)

> Storm Bull and Humakt got fucked? What did you expect - were a
> fucking Death Cult and a Mindless Violence Cult supposed be easy to
> belong to?

Yes please.

> Screw it, the gratuitous use of "fuck" grates.

Doesn't fucking grate on me? Are we back to greasy twats again?

> What on earth is that supposed to mean? You mean that the
Heortlings
> are fundamentally the same as the Tarshites, Holayans, and Aggari?
> That's probably right.

I was thinking about the general westernising heortling culture of Heortland presented in G:CotHW. That was kind of funky. But now its Orlanthi in the hills and westerners in the towns. I didn't like it so I did my own thing.

> > Oh for fucks sake this shit is really pissing me off.
>
> Then fucking chill out.

Like I say, wheres the fun in that?

> This is discussion about a set of stories set
> in a fictional world. The stories (which is all these things are)
> reflect issues and themes of important to Greg, and to a much lesser
> extent, those of various other authors. So Greg has now written
> stories that contradict the stories of a number of authors and
fans.
> So what?

I guess a number of us are disturbed by the tone of the changes and the direction of some very well established themes.

> You want to have Vinga as Ally McBeal or as Red Sonja or as
> whoever, you are free to do so. Just keep in mind that those
stories
> probably won't get published as part of Greg Stafford 's Glorantha
> (although they can certainly still get published under the Moon
Design
> imprimatur or in a fan publication). And to that, so what? Why do
> you need Greg's stamp of authentication for your creative vision?

I don't but that guys writing have been a great source of pleasure over the years. Now it sounds like it all gone to cock.

Rob

> Geez.

Geez indeed.

Rob