Re:AW: Vedr. Re: In Defence Of A Goddess - A

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_-nOWk7KYCelME5fEC4dDtGHR8v5gCNe7Ihn01UtpUSyxn5l8JLZia6uA8UiioMjjPQ2c>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:15:31 -0000

In order to comply with the rules of this List, I've added a few gratuitous uses of the word "fuck".

> Oh don't get me started. I used to love both of those cults as well
> but they got fucked as well in Hero Wars. We got Vinga with Hero Wars
> but you fuckers have just realised how much we as a community love it
> and it doesn't fit in with you idyll of matricarcharl harridans for
> women (Ernaldan mafia) or good old boys Orlanthi types, huzzah! Well,
> fuck you.

Storm Bull and Humakt got fucked? What did you expect - were a fucking Death Cult and a Mindless Violence Cult supposed be easy to belong to? All Gloranthan cults impose restrictions on their initiates. If you don't like them, be like most people and just use Common Magic.

> And yes, I know you are just defending Greg's position and
> cheerleading, but what fucks me off is your complete absence of any
> sense of how much this type of 'take the fun out it' shit is frankly
> not on.

Not fucking on? What the fuck is that supposed to mean? So your fun is dependent upon your characters not having to give anything up in order to use fucking divine magic? Or what are you fucking talking about?

Screw it, the gratuitous use of "fuck" grates.

> if a bunch of guys could enter. Jane said that she would rather I
> didn't use it in that way. And although she wasn't involved in that
> game, out of respect, yes RESPECT! I did a work around for my game.

Maybe you thought her vision of the place was cooler or more interesting than yours. Maybe you jsut feel some need to have your version on a fictional world be "authenticated" by someone that you think think has the authority to authenticate it. If you don't like something in Greg's Glorantha (or mine, or Mark Galeotti's, or David Dunham's or Sandy Peteresen's or whoever), don't use it in your games. Or in your short stories. Or in whatever.

> Oh, and another thing, the way the Herotlings were turned into
> Orlanthi of the south was a right load of old cock as well. The way
> they seem to be dealt with now they are fundementally the same as
> their northern cousins. How fucking boring is that.

What on earth is that supposed to mean? You mean that the Heortlings are fundamentally the same as the Tarshites, Holayans, and Aggari? That's probably right.

> Oh for fucks sake this shit is really pissing me off.

Then fucking chill out. This is discussion about a set of stories set in a fictional world. The stories (which is all these things are) reflect issues and themes of important to Greg, and to a much lesser extent, those of various other authors. So Greg has now written stories that contradict the stories of a number of authors and fans. So what? You want to have Vinga as Ally McBeal or as Red Sonja or as whoever, you are free to do so. Just keep in mind that those stories probably won't get published as part of Greg Stafford 's Glorantha (although they can certainly still get published under the Moon Design imprimatur or in a fan publication). And to that, so what? Why do you need Greg's stamp of authentication for your creative vision?

Geez.

Jeff