Re: Poor dim little me - custodial duties

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_ZDzja33WB7Ds9wj2-cYwUkMMKthh104d3m5j72ZqVD3oEpbV0DZ8lD8VAI58ltkcHDu>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 23:11:41 -0000

"Rob" <robert_m_davis_at_...> wrote:

> As the custodian of the publishing of Glorantha you can assuage
some
> of the fears of the community (and a paddle at Belgo's for Minty
> would be on me if so) and save us from a non official Glorantha
> movement. I hope so.
>
> Rob

As the publisher of Heroquest and general Gloranthan publications, I get the final call on what gets published. I don't have to publish anything I don't want to, and there is no approval process I have to put material through if I don't want to. Even so, there's a big difference between controlling what is published and controlling how certain people act, discuss things, and develop their take on Glorantha.

I haven't seen the manuscript for the "unfinished work" wherein Greg and Jeff have further defined their take on the Orlanthi pantheon. I've only had a brief outline.

Dare I suggest that now would be the time to try and discuss a few things privately with that writing team. I'm not saying they want to work with other people, nor will they necessarily accept or incorporate any of your input, but I am saying that the less input they do get the less chance there is of getting a Glorantha you agree with. If you have already tried that, thanks for taking the initiative.

This forum, as entertaining as it is, isn't the best place to have those discussions. Teasing, insults, rudeness,wit, etc., sure, but not constructive collaboration.

Jeff Kyer and Robin Laws wrote the "Cults of Glorantha" for MRQ and Greg was mostly just a consultant. The same can be true for Heroquest. Heroquest is in the hands of the free-lance writers that want to write supplements for it. Gods of Glorantha for Heroquest, anyone? Mark Galeotti and I would love to see your outline.

Does that get me a "6 shot" paddle at Belgo's, Rob?

Rick