Re: What's Happening on the Lists?

From: jorganos <joe_at_7UiUvhemdL3dOrIPnXVjqOpDcjOCDjInOLAzoYVWk2TxyNCaqVZnRC4SM7waISJVAwKb2Yda>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 09:23:39 -0000

While I regard myself as discouraged from posting anything on the "newbie-friendly" list, I miss the old tossing of ideas that made up much of what I liked on the Digest.

In all fairness to Stephen, his Books of Drastic Resolution did have a similar taste to Jeff's snippets from Talastar. Attempting to be definitive and authoritative, between highly useful and restricting the creative process which made Glorantha a wide-spread community.

I know that my collecting those facts and trying to make them accessible is a double-edged sword in the same direction.

Or are we just old and weary, with our favourite topice done or gregged to death?

Reading that latest bit on Feldichi, I formulated a couple of theories about their civilization, then realized it does not matter. Apart from a few "technological" artifacts, they are gone, forgotten, and twice covered by chaos eating up surviving facts. I could go to lengths imagining what they did where they did it.

I will try a theory on WoG, though...

I suppose creating a set of Ratite ruins for exploration in North Pent would be more worthwhile than placing anything in Dorastor.

> Bugger off, etc.

Don't ya dare look away again, mate...