Re: Couple of problems (bugs or my stupidy?)

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 09:30:22 -0500

> I *think* the only deity that requires pig sacrifices is Ernalda, a Great
> Temple requires 20 pigs a year, so this shouldn't be much of a problem. And
> there's the 'Swine Blessing' from her temple, which helps. A similar
> blessing for sheep would come in handy...

I still say Maran Gor should have Sheep Sacrificed In Her Terrible Name. But I'm persnickity.

> >2) Kids. How can I get rid of them?
>
> Wait for them to grow up? ;)

(chuckle)

> >(Can I use that snake event agains
> >myself :) ) I have never encouraged in any way to get more of them, but
> still
> >almost half of my clan are children.

Half your clan SHOULD be Children. Well, certainly 1/3 - 1/2 I find that my clan stabilizes at about 1:1 Child:Farmer ratio

> Which leads me to a different question - does having lots of children give
> you more nobles/advisors? I've tried getting lots of children, but seem to
> be stuck with around 17 or 18 advisors to choose from - haven't noticed much
> of a change as the demographics of my tribe have changed over 40 years... Is
> there a way to increase your chance of getting new advisors (other than
> spending magic on Heroism, which I always do)?

Spend Magic on Children when they say 'Children born this year will have Great Destinies' That usually generates one or two.

Also, spending points on Heroism helps generate heroes -- though I can't quite work out the mechanism. I seem to stabalize in the 20-something range for nobles when I sacrifice 1-2 points per year (if you are low on nobles, the rest of the ring will start begging for you to sacrifice for Heroes) Don't forget to sacrifice to a deity during the course of the year too... Just to influence who the new noble might choose.

Jeff