Re: social promotion

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:48:32 -0800 (PST)

I always figure that to be a god-talker to a particular deity, you need to be able to relate to that deity, and you can't dictate personality. I'd never be able to complete the appropriate sacred time rituals to Urox, for example, its just not in me.

Think of the cult affiliation as being a bit like an aptitude test--sure your family business would really benefit if one of the kids became an accountant, but if none of them have the aptitude for math and the attention to detail, what do you do? Well, at least he's good at spinning a smooth line....we already have a lot of salesmen, but they'll retire one day and he'll be ready.

Having said all that, I do wish the temples that you built had *some* influence on what nobles you received, but frankly I'm not too stressed by it.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com