Re: Re: seizing land; ceremonies; heroic combats

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 15:08:09 -0500

bjm10_at_... wrote:

> From: bjm10_at_...
>
> On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, David Dunham wrote:
>
> > Yup. Boundary stones are crucial. It seems that you can move one or
> > two of them short distances (this sort of thing is always tempting to
> > a carl on the border), but to completely de-boundary another tula is
>
> AKA: Always have a spare cow for just such occasions.

That's why you sally forth into battle with your small but trusty Battle Cattle.

> > Yes, there are indeed ceremonies that accompany all these actions. We
> > chose not to portray them, but perhaps we should have mentioned their
> > existence (even though they don't directly impact game play).
>
> It would have been a good idea--especially for the non RuneQuesters who
> get the game. The idea of a "computribe" actually having a real CULTURE
> rather than just being an inhuman military machine is quite unusual in
> strategy games for computer.

Innit a nice contrast to 4x?

Sample:
What? I have to propitiate the spirits? I just want to kill folks. Awww... c'mon. I slaughtered everything!

Actually, in a game of Hero Wars, we had just this happen.

Munchkin hired to guard against bandits: "Why can't we just kill the shepherds and steal the sheep ourselves?"

Eventually they decided that they probably wouldn't be able to herd all 400 sheep back to their clan. But it was close.

Jeff