Re: Re: "flavor text", and other stuff

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:07:53 -0700 (PDT)

"I'm tired of the endless squabbles, I'm tired of constantly training new weaponthanes who think they are heros when they can barely hold a sword, I'm tired of leaving my grandkids behind and going on cattle raids, I think I'd like to leave the ring now."

A season later
"These kids are doing everything all wrong--that's not how I would have done it at all. Of course we shouldn't have raided the Grey Fox, how come nobody asked me? Nobody asks my opinion anymore. For that matter, nobody gives me my due respect anymore, I want back on the ring!"

Of course, after I pull elders off the ring, I tend to run them ragged leading various
diplomatic/trading/exploring missions to make the most use of their skills before they get lost in the wilderness....heh, "welcome to retirement, now go explore Beast Valley some more, please!"

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Send online invitations with Yahoo! Invites. http://invites.yahoo.com