Re: Silver Dragon

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 07:01:49 -0700 (PDT)

Also
> what are the Sorrcerus
> Implemants good for?

"Sorcerous implements, what are they good for? Absolutely Nothing! Ay it again...." (Sorry, had a flashback to an 80's cover of a classic rock song).

Actually, they can be useful in the way that any treasure can be useful--you can trade or sell them. Of course, other clans may not be interested in them, but the Issaries quest offers two opportunities to trade treasures, so you can trade useless treasures for more useful ones there :)

Mind you, one time after a few years of horrid luck, it occured to me to perform a divination for curses, and I found out that the implements were cursed....and I had the worst time getting rid of them. We had a heroquest fizzle, an attempt to trade them strait up fail, and a caravan turned back by bandits. Finally, after a couple of years of desperate trying, a trading caravan was attacked by bandits and we just let them have the contents.....cost us some goods too, but we were more than happy to let the bandits have the curse!

And finally, what's exactly
> does the herot-stone do in
> desperate straits during heroquests.

Actually, I believe the wording is "helps us heroquest when we are in desperate straits." I interpret that to mean that when the game offers you the opportunity to perform a quest in reaction to an event ( a drout, massive carl/thane unhappiness, etc) and you were not prepared to quest, it gives you a reasonable chance to succeed. Think of it as sort of a magical insurance policy, so that you don't feel you need to put some magic into quests each year "just in case".

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/