Re: and the poor get poorer

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 09:37:17 -0400

bjm10_at_... wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2000, Bryan Thexton wrote:
>
> > sure that we have enough food, since the harvest
> > without any blessing support is pretty marginal, and
> > pathfinder,and some sort of combat blessing). Net
>
> I forget about pathfinder the first year. ISSARIES is my friend! I'll
> only go for one food-based blessing per year, no more, and sometimes not
> even that many.

Yes, Silver Tongue is very important to getting yourself established. Especially in those 'how many feuds? augh!' moments.> Likewise, I've found that "skirmish/kill" is the best all-round defensive

I will increase the numbert of food blessings over the course of the game, but only have one at start. The extra food comes in handy.

> strategy (although the Horse Spawn still kick your ass for quite a while).

Skirmish/Drive Away works well against the Spawn. I think Skirmish is the best option against them. And stakes are incredibly effective, as is getting Elmal's help.

> Likewise, I've found that it's worth the diminishing returns to have "too
> many" crafters.

Hmmm. I uusally let the number drift upwards but don't make any especial efforts to "over-clock" the crafters. Usually I have a problem with population at the start, especially with the large number of hunters required by the Skirmish/Kill

> If I've got a sacrifice to do, I will look to Issaries before Lhankor
> Mhy, before Orlanth, before Humakt, before Urox, before Chalana Arroy,
> before Vinga.

I heartily agree.

Jeff