Re: guidance on Heroquests

From: James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey <jscm_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 10:38:06 -0500

> > Is this simply "the flow of the game", and we should concentrate on
> > improving our position still further while waiting for events to bring us a
> > better leader(s)? Are we not paying enough attention to purchasing Magic
> > Items? The latter has tended to be lower on our list of Things To Do, in
> > part because of the tiny number of leaders able to both trade and escort a
> > trade mission.
> >

>Personally, I get the most perverse glee from a game driving all of my
>enemies into a tula on the swamplands through superior weaponthanes.
>Humakti are fun for me, especially when they get rather old and start
>becoming expendable-they'll throw themselves without abandon into any
>combat situation. :)

8) One of the greatest single moments of glee for us involved a Humakti (the one who later fell from grace). Challenged to a duel by an enemy Humakti in a tough battle, he gave the immortal reply:

"Out of my way, pup!" and snicked off the enemy's head. We were most pleased, our warriors were most pleased, the enemy was most displeased. We won the battle handily. Still makes us grin. 8)

On the other hand, we keep wondering if it was the correct "think like an Orlanthi" response.... "Accept the challenge" seems more like the "Mythically Correct" attitude.

James Sterrett & Corinne Mahaffey
jscm_at_...