Re: enemies, ducks, and treasures

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:54:15 +0000

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:37:41 -0500 (EST), dharper_at_... wrote:

>Quoting Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>:
>
>> The brief background on the trolls is as follows: They
>> were darkness creatures, forced to the surface world
>> during the great darkness, as they couldn't stand the
>> light that Yelm shed in the underworld after Orlanth
>> killed him (read the lightbringers quest background to
>> put together the timeline here).
>
><snip long, tragic history>
>
>Geez, now I feel even sorrier for them.

Although accurate, the above fails to mention that Trolls are frequently cannibalistic (they can eat most anything, but prefer it fresh & screaming...), who have an entire cuisine based on all the other sentient races. True, they'll eat fish and game animals when they're plentiful, and there are few Troll vegetarians (but a few Elves spice up a meal). Even their own children -those Trollkin unfit to fight become meals instead. When a troll invites you to dinner, be very careful about the exact translation.

Oh, yes, and, of course, they fervently wish and strive for the return of the Great Darkness, when they will have supremacy over all other races.

Trolls are my enemy of choice, wipe them out every chance you get. Only things worse are Chaos & Lunars (exactly which is worse between them is open to debate).

Wulf