Re: Quests & Deeper Mysteries question...

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:24:42 -0800 (PST)

My experience strongly suggests that it does.

> It's also true that
> Uralda is widely regarded
> as one of the most difficult heroquests,

I find it not so bad with the right quester....however not all clans ever get a female leader with at least very good combat and magic and excellent animals and leadership! Personally I find the most succesful questers on this quest tend to be female hunters, since the usually have the combat and animals knowledge.

If you don't have the right quester, wait until you know the deeper secrets, are in a tribe, haven't quested in a couple of years and have current magic at least up in the teens.

At least when you blow this one you often get your quester back with no ill effects.

> although
> Ernalda remains my particular
> nemesis -- in 8 of 9 attempts, I could not get past
> the initial challenge. Which,
> to my great annoyance, the myth makes no reference
> to or give any aid to

Really? I never noticed that lack in the myth (don't have the game at home with me at the moment so I can't check). Maybe I lucked into the right choice the first time.

In most of my clans I don't have trouble with the Ernalda quest, but you do want an Ernaldan with good plants, magic, and leadership, and sometimes you just don't have the right leader. Bargaining might help too, I don't know.

A useful note is that if you are in cow trouble and aren't ready for the Uralda quest then Ernalda can help somewhat.

Personally the quest I have the most trouble with is usually Humakt's, although each clan seems to have its own Achille's Heel.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/