Re: Salmon Guy

From: Alexander G. M. Smith <agmsmith_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 12:22:56 -0500 EST

kentcave wrote on Fri, 03 Jan 2003 10:05:40 -0000:
> WOW never thought he could ever make it, from the advices
> of my clan members.

Oddly enough, I was reading a book called "King of Sartar" (by Greg Stafford) last week (looking for info on Lunars for the upcoming Gloranthacon) and came across mention of the salmon guy, maybe twice. The index even is good enough to mention it in the Old Kings List:

"Rostakos was tenth. He was of the Jenstali, or Red Fox, clan. In his reign Enjossi came, and asked for support in performing the Salmon Rite at Seven Falls. Rostakos said he would support it, and Enjossi proved to be Salmon Man. [...]"

Looking up Enjossi in the index gives a few more entries, I'll quote the main one for you, get the book (ISBN 0-933635-99-0) for the others:

"Enjossi was a man who came and promised that he could bring the salmon back to the Stream. No salmon had been there since the river had changed course over 150 years earlier. The chances of success seemed slim, and the cost of failure to the whole tribe could be great. The Balmyr King had already refused to support the adventurer. But King Rostakos did risk it, and Enjossi succeeded. He swam from the Choralinthor, up the New River, leapt up the Seven Falls, and spawned at the source of the Stream. Since then there have been many salmon in it each year, and Enjossi's clan has thrived."

Yes, it definitely seems like your advisors will tell you that the salmon rite is dangerous. But it can pay off.

P.S. Now I know where A-Sharp got all those tribe names!