Re: Re: King of Dragon pass music. Is it available somewhere?

From: Dave Camoirano <DaveCamo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:05:09 -0400

Hi!

> I haven't actually bought any iTunes music yet (I want to make
> sure
>
> before I buy something that has limited copies), but I can't
> imagine
>
> that
>

> 1) something like that would be trivial to set up
>
> 2) Apple would be willing to include it in their music store

Well, I wasn't actually suggesting selling the files through Apple. I was just pointing out an existing model.

> Perhaps I misjudge how many people would buy, but we're set up
> neither for shipping nor unlocking downloads (shipping of our
> boxed game is handled by a third party).

Well, another possible way of doing it would be to have the songs ZIPped or SITted and the resulting file password protected. People pay for the password. Mike Dawson is using this and it seems to be working fine. Yes, people would still be able to copy the songs but they'd be able to do that if you sold them on CD.

Dave