Re: Re: A Suggestion On Process & Progress

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:48:32 +0100 (CET)

Jeff Richard:
>>> The Kitori are significantly different from what I thought they were.
>> True. Their role in Whitewall (introduced by John Castellucci's
>> use of the Tarkalor campaign material played by Greg and Stephen
>> Martin) needs to be investigated.

>> My latest info on them makes them a minor Only Old One-like Elder >> race.

> Yeah, that is my understanding as well. Their role and their
> relationship to Whitewall I think is up in the air. I am inclined
> to want to keep them out of it - in part because the Kitori later
> kill Broyan (or at least release the demon that kills him), and in
> part because they are so Gregable.

I would include a faction of Argan Argar troll traders nonetheless. Their Kitori identity could be left unclear. As for darkness-worshipping humans, I've already suggested that Black Arkati might be part of the Bat-Slaying.

Whether any of these are Kitori could remain a referee's option.

>> How much of Tarkalor's actions do we need to know and take into >> consideration?

> I think we need to have a bit of the Tarkalor backstory - that will
> help sort out the Volsaxi (although I don't think it is as important
> as it used to be, now that we have the Hargrand the Green stories).

Tarkalor remains essential to the Kitori grudges.

> That was my conclusion as well. Actually, my Dawn Age map has
> Seriasdara on the upper Marzeel river IIRC.

That would translate as Karstanstead?

> My point is that we might be able to draw on some Dawn Age threads
> for WW - like Garan and Serias - that might introduce some new and
> cool minor Orlanthi myths into the story.

I'm all for this approach, although I have to quibble that Garan and Serias are Greater Darkness and Silver Age characters.