Re: Re: Larnsti and other topics

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 22:18:45 +0000

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 09:34:28PM -0000, jeffrichard68 wrote:
> Nope - especially since the inner workings of Heortling myths are
> probably not terribly well explored by the Lunars (with a few
> exceptions). I had one adventure where a Lunar HQ tried to jump
> into the Heortling initiation heroquest in 1607 - as a minor
> participant and just to scout out the rituals. Didn't go too well
> (Ghost Gors massacre was going on at the same time far to the
> north). But I imagine that sort of stuff is going on.

I'd imagine so too.

'Picking apart' myths, or combining seemingly different ones isn't _necessarily_ malicious or 'abusive', it must be said. It's rather what the capital-L Lunars ended up doing with the myths of the Goddess, from the fragments that were all that was left in different cults and regions of Peloria. So that's going to act as either legitimate precedent or plausible excuse to use similar techniques elsewhere.

> The Lunars might know of when Lokomoko silenced Orlanth (that might
> be known by the DH as well) - maybe that is the basis of what they
> are trying to do. Just a thought...

Good point. That does sound similar -- not so much 'killing', as m*st*c*lly rationalising (the effects of) him away... And roughly consistent with the usual party line that Orlanth needs to be 'healed' rather than abolished as such.