Re: Larnsti and other topics

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 22:58:39 -0000

> With all due respect for John and Jane, Kallyr is a loser.

Agreed. That's one reason why I like her so much. She's human, she has faults, she makes mistakes (lots of them!). Keeps coming back for another try, though, doesn't she? There's this great story arc from 1613 (or earlier) to 1630 (or later if PCs intervene) where you can watch her growing up and figuring out how to be a heroic leader. And you can help. Tell her she's an idiot. Dodge the latest tantrum (it won't last). Get her out of trouble (again). Feed her ideas on what to try next. That's *fun*.

And I still think the OiD idea that she's a SuperNPC who Ordinary Mortals (like the PCs) Do Not Meet is a complete waste of a good character.

> >she suffered quite an awesome series of debacles from
> 1613 to her death at the hands (!) of H-bearman.

On the whole, I think most people could be excused losing in a fight with Harrek.