Re: Re: Possible girlfriend for Broyan

From: Oliver Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:33:38 -0600

> >Although it may depend on what we mean by the word
> >"fiance". If she's broken an oath, any Humakti around
> >won't be too keen on her, and certainly won't be
> >acting as her champion.
>
> From Oliver's writeup, it seems to have been an arranged marriage. So
> perhaps her father gave his word which in Esvular culture binds his
> daughter [1]. Humatki could well see that as oathbreaking but Babs.
> Gori might regard it as potential rape. Are there any of the latter
> at Whitewall? and why are they there?

She never swore nothing! It was an arranged marriage all the way. So the only thing she's really "guilty" of by Orlanthi standards is not listening to her father's wishes. Now does her father's oath bind her? An interesting question. I don't know that it would. I'm sure dad thinks so.

How does Arianrhod sound as a name?

Oliver