Re: Re: Melisande, Narib, et al.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:51:59 +1300

At 04:45 PM 3/10/04 +0000, you wrote:
>Ian>Rikard's assumption of the throne, and his role as a Rokari
> > crusader are established facts since G:CoHW.

>Me> Where is his role as a Rokari crusader an established fact?
>
>I think I inferred this from HQ voices:

[snipped]

>But the key point is not Rikard's motives, which are in history,

So that Rikard was a Rokari crusader is not an established fact?

>but
>that opposition to his usurpation of the throne could have created
>an alliance between Broyan and deposed Esvular nobility.

Has it? Heroquest Voices has an Esvulari section which you do not quote:

         Heortland's king has long owed fealty to other rulers.  Once, it was
         the Only Old One, then the so-called "God-King" but his union
         of nations broke apart when the Pharaoh was killed.  Heortland's
         royal line ended in 1617 when the King died without an heir.  A bloody
         -handed foreign mercenary called Rikard seized the throne.  We
         spilled no tears when he was deposed by the invading forces of the
         Empire.  They placed Bandal Tigerbane on the throne, but real power
         rests with the Imperial emissaries from the north.

Nary a mention of dealing with Broyan who has long been opposed to the Esvulari themselves.

--Peter Metcalfe