Re: Re: PEOPLE: Broyan and the Larnsti

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 00:20:26 +1300

At 09:18 AM 3/12/04 +0000, you wrote:

> > Broyan was worshipping Victorious at the start of the
> > siege according to Jeff whereas Tatius didn't come until
> > after the Bat-Blatt.

>Jorkandros is as Dara Happan as Tatius, so this argument only refutes
>the text of the statement, not its content.

Even Jokandros only turns up at the start of the siege while Broyan was living in Volsaxiland long before then. So running around with the power of Fight Dara Happans seems to be pointless unless one was trying to bribe the Sun Dome temple into adopting interesting heresies.

>Besides, we don't have any myths about Vingkot not smashing Pelorian
>Orlanthi. We know he slew their Grizzly god in Tarsh, and I'd group
>this myth in the Victorious subcult.

The Affinity is Fight Dara Happans, not Fight Pelorians. They do use it outside this narrow range (i.e. the EWF are opponents of theirs) but without a convincing explanation, using it against any old foe will lead to big penalties.

--Peter Metcalfe