RE: Re: Volsaxi, Volsaxar, Vingkot

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:34:53 -0800

Ian:

> My own guess of how we could equate the 'another way' Curtali
with

> Kurtali is as follows.
> - The Kurtali had a warband called the Night Jumpers.
> - The Night Jumpers are in the forefront against the Kitori.
In fact

> they may have started it all in the first place.
> - The Kitori held the Upper Marzeel once, see DP:LoT, but at
one

> point also expanded out enough to control Heortland-Sartar
trade.

> IMO this includes pushing out to the Shadow Plateau, and
overrunning

> areas around Dreven and Vaantar.
> - When the Kitori are driven away with the aid of Tarkalor,
Enfrew

> and Tarkalor grant new lands from among areas seized by the
Kitori.

> The Sun Domers get Vaantar from liberated areas, and the
Kurtali

> are offered Dreven.
> - But Enfrew demands that they disband the Night Jumpers (who
many

> feel stirred up Kitori trouble to begin with). Not everyone
can

> agree to this. The clan splits. Those willing to seek
'another way',

> with other refugees, are given Dreven. Those who will not
give up

> the Night Jumper ways go into exile. These ex-Kurtali are now
the

> Night Jumpers hero-band (I know KoS calls them a clan, but I
think

> Hidden Gale is a good model here).

        This works for me. I think the Night Jumpers as a Hidden Gale-esque heroband should be in the Whitewall materials.

> But of course this is not in print, so anyone else's
interpetation

> is equally valid.

        Sure. I don't have strong opinions about the Night Jumpers except that they should have a role at Whitewall and that they should be written up as a heroband.

        Jeff

        The New World Is Born On the Walls Of Whitewall.

        The WhiteWallWiki can be found at:
http://www.eparsnip.f2s.com/phpwiki/index.php?FrontPage