Re: Masteries

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:51:55 +0000 (GMT)

> > Remember that edges (^x) turn into Bonuses (+x) at
> > 1-1 rate (ie a ^3 edge
> > turns into a +3 bonus).
>
> except in the BA-OiD cases, if I recall correctly.
> The much useful pdf file of conversion from HW to
> HQrukes at Gloarntha.com says that that one is an
> exception to the converting rules.
> so:
> ranks +1=augment +1 in all cases
> except for the stats in BA-OiD.

Looking at the OiD numbers again, it looks like the edges for non-magical equipment are correct (so 1:1), and presumably this 2:1 factor only applies to magical specials?

What we will have to watch out for are the rules on Iron. Kallyr at least is wearing a lot of it. And since the ability to enchant iron so it didn't totally screw up your magic seems to have mysteriously vanished, this may be Important.

Jane Williams