RE: Re: The BatBlat

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:59:33 -0800

> > It is a creepy little crawler of immense size. (I don't agree with
> > the kilometer long thing, at least as a general rule for Bat size,
> > maybe on the godplane, or when you're actually on it.).
> I'm in for a kilometer wingspan, which is still sufficient to blot
out
> quite a bit. Looking at the map scale in DP:LoT, anything bigger
would
> outsize Grizzly Peak... Even so the "Dead Sea Rising" would be too
> cramped on the (still current) map of the plateau.

The wingspan should be no more than a kilometer. Maybe considerably less. Here's how I picture it: I imagine its body is the size of a squat skyscraper (say twenty or thirty stories) that has been toppled over. With really huge wings. You can easy fit one hundred fifty folk on top of that body - presumably on some massive howdah. Ballista bolts just bounce off its hide or at best are pin pricks.

> > Have you seen vampire bats crawling along the ground? They're
> > creepy! Imagine that flopping down on the city and fingering
> > things with it's handwings.
> Or, as the Colymar would say: Remember Runegate! We know it settled
> down there to feast after breaking the initial resistance.

Remember our Ancestors since our memory is all that is left of them!

Jeff