Re: Howd[y]ah Bat

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:03:30 -0800

I thought of a problem with the Howdah idea:

The Bat eats. And grows in size. By a Lot. The poor howdah riggers will have to be called in after every feeding (Twice a week, according to WBRM) to re-adjust the restraining straps on the howdah. Maybe that's what that Caravan mentioned in Cults of Terror really is - not the food & slaves to feed the bat, but the poor riggers with extra straps, tiedowns, etc. for the Howdah.

Which brought up another thought - we know that the bat grows with each feeding, but does it shrink between meals? Or does it continue to grow as long as it is fed? If you've got the MegaTremendouslyHuge bat, and only want the Huge bat, can you starve it for a few weeks, or do you have to "kill" it and re-summon it (three to seven years later)?

RR
- Richelieu