RE: Re: Storms, Winds, etc

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 00:16:16 +0100

> > Those Six Storms: here life gets a little bit complicated, because,
> as
> > someone had found a quote to suggest, they have already been
> defeated
>
> Does anyone have a reference to this quote handy? I looked in the
> past posts and had no luck digging it up.

Sorry, I'm afraid not. I can confirm that it's True, but can't point you at a quote.

Meanwhile Steve has corrected some of what I wrote (yes, I'd misunderstood again) and come up with another Idea that gives us a bit more room to manoeuvre.

What I was saying about the specific directions being vague, is applicable to the Kolati Six Winds, not the Six Storms. The Six Storms are very direction-specific, and correspond to the major wind patterns of the land. (In Ralios and Saird, for instance, they might very well be different because of different weather patterns in those lands.)

And while we can't/shouldn't use the Kolati Six Winds as a last resort, it seems likely that Orlanth has his own set of six, which we *could* use (and much more appropriate too!) The suggestion is: "making them be six winds that don't seem to have much of a storm presence, and which are not part of the Four Storms or Six Storms, and which are a last-ditch effort. Using Destor, Vanganth, Drogarsi, Desemborth, Niskis, and Ormalaya, for example -- minor winds who are being called because, literally, everyone else is dead."

Now this sounds like something we can have fun with! Time to play with minor, weird, insignificant cults! Who save the day! Yeah!