RE: Squabbling Vingans

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:48:35 -0700

Yes. Beti is a Colymar - who blame Kallyr Starbrow for the fiasco of Starbrow's Rebellion. She is also of the same bloodline as King Kallai Rockbuster and Queen Beneva Chan (and Blackmor for that matter) - who were exiled as a result of Starbrow's Rebellion. Starbrow is seen by the Colymar as vain, foolhardy, foolish, and - at the end of the day - lacking in guts. As a result of HER failed rebellion, the Colymar lost hundreds of men in battle, lost three clans, lost their king and queen, etc. - events which ultimately triggered Blackmor's coup and the establishment of a slave plantation in the heart of the Nymie Vale. There is more than an element of scapegoating involved here, but basically Kallyr is blamed for all the repercussions of the rebellion that bears her name.

Even before the Rebellion, Kallyr was distrusted and disliked by many Colymar leaders (especially by Beti's bloodline).

Kallyr is seen by the Colymar as the embodiment bad luck and worse judgment. However, she proves herself at Whitewall and opinions start to change.

Does that help?

Jeff