Re: Re: Steers

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 14:15:12 -0700

> So, you might well raise steers specifically for sacrifice; an Uroxi
> who does so on a large scale, going around buying them up, say,
> could well acquire the name "Steer", with the (hilarious)
> consequences prophecied on this list. So, ya boo sucks to the
> mockers, not that I knew any better. But, such activities are
> feasible.

:-).

For "generic" sacrifices a steer might do fine, but remember, the better the animal, the bigger boost it gives your ritual, so a Pure-color Bull or a Cow that always produces twins is better than a scrawny yearling steer. Thinking of it, you probably wouldn't castrate a bull *intended* for sacrifice.

> > Ballocks = Balls! An exclamation of dismay.
> Or German football player of Turkish ancestry (almost) - you really
> use an "a" not an "o"? The things you learn.

Nah, I just didn't bother to research it past the first dictonary to hand (American Heritage, which didn't list it at all...).

RR
- Richelieu