Re: Steers

From: Sam Elliot <sam.elliot1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 19:14:34 -0000

> Steer = young castrated bull destined to be turned into meat early
on (or an
[etc...]

Ho hum, interesting. Thanks. Used to be veggy, so all this sort of thing was Baaaad, then I lived in Brazil where this sort of thing was Goooood (ooh, the beef! [Licks chops]).

So, you might well raise steers specifically for sacrifice; an Uroxi who does so on a large scale, going around buying them up, say, could well acquire the name "Steer", with the (hilarious) consequences prophecied on this list. So, ya boo sucks to the mockers, not that I knew any better. But, such activities are feasible.

> Ballocks = Balls! An exclamation of dismay.
Or German football player of Turkish ancestry (almost) - you really use an "a" not an "o"? The things you learn.

> A cattle herd will produce 50-50 cows and bull-calves (unless you
have some
> funky magic working!).

Heh heh, bet you it's slightly skewed towards females. As it is in humans. For evolutionary reasons you see...

> built back up to strength. There may be attempts by the tribes
bordering
> Prax to steal herd animals to use as a substitue. Catte raiding
into Tarsh
> is always a possibility.

Q: are there abundant cactuses and palm trees in Prax? In NE Brazil, these are the key to cattle surviving droughts.

So, in my Whitewall (should I ever play it), some time before the Bat, a load of Uroxi of a placid, bovine nature pitch up, with a load of Uraldan priestesses and a load of cows. How? Well, that's one of the mysteries of life. probably via some big juju trip through the Storm Realm. Why? Well, they don't tell anyone, and everyone is upset when they can't eat the cows (of whatever of the genders) and when the Uroxi don't fight. Potentially, the Uroxi all castrate themselves (or eachother?) just as the Bat rumours start, in some massive ceremony, adding to the fun (any National Geographic photographers present having a field day) and the wonder, and to justify the name oh-so-mocked in this forum. Then they persuade the bat to come to them (they also make themselves deaf, somehow), to eat the big fourlegged animals, the Uroxi chop at the tongues and so on, to keep the bat busy, while Broyan (that spelling is sooo Monty Python - intentional?) goes BatBoarding a la Legolas. There.