Re: Re: Introduction to Whitewall group

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:03:24 +0100

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 10:31:55AM -0000, Simon Miller wrote:
> Thanks; I'd read the Wiki site and liked the way it put numbers
> against troop types, and plotted strengths throughout the siege. I
> personally quite like to see individual units named in battles
> because I think it can add colour (I really appreciated the
> descriptions of Lunar Regiments on Issaries, for example, which made
> the army feel more real to me), but I can appreciate the benefit to
> narrators of leaving gaps.

IMG at the initial 'siege' under Jorkandros the main contingent is the full strength of Jasper Phalanx, which is more or less his 'local' Stonewall regiment, and is in the 'old time Urvairinus' food group. Appearance-wise, I'd say they were on the 'Middle Eastern' end of the 'Greek hoplite' spectrum, and the Issaries site provides that they wear just one greave and one vambrace.

> I'll lurk and dive in when topics closest to my interests crop up
> (I'm rather more into Gloranthan wargaming than roleplaying). I
> could also post some pictures of my miniatures depictions of Lunar
> units, if relevant.

I'd like to see 'em, for one.

Cheers,
Alex.