RE: Re: 1619 - the first few weeks

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:03:03 GMT

In message <000b01c4a52f$4ea504e0$0302a8c0_at_master> "Jane Williams" writes:

>> As it's part of Fazzar's army for the invasion of Heortland
>> nobody's going to miss that marching south
>
>True, it was just a question of the route it takes, and therefore *who*
>ends up spotting it, and who they report to.

Looking at the maps I've got there's only one road going past WW and through Volsaxland. That's the one going south from Wilmskirk. While there may be some troops moving along other routes the bulk will follow the best road.

>Agreed. Even "command" is a limited concept, as is "agent". What I had
>in mind was that we have general areas - Heortland, Sartar, etc - where
>if someone anti-Lunar spots something interesting, they report it "up".
>Who does the information end up with? In Sartar, Kallyr and/or Minaryth
>Purple. Does Broyan have the same influence over Heortland? I'd assume
>so. Are there other areas we need to consider, that the Lunars might
>approach through?

I'm not sure there's anything so structured, there'll be dozens of people passing information to others who pass it on to their contacts. Some of it will be anti-lunar sentiment but most will be for money. Anything as big as this will produce multiple reports to anyone who's prepared to pay.

>With Jorkandros in charge, and Tatius' choice of units. Whatever he can
>spare from the real work. Anything suitable for taking cities is heading
>for Karse and Smithstone.

Fazzur's choice surely? I'm not sure what Tatius is up to at this point but he doesn't seem to make an appearance until later. Probably units who suffered heavily in the battle against the Volsaxi.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/