RFC: should we move to the new wiki?

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:42:16 -0000

Request for Consensus

Against:
* the new wiki security is still not working (*)

For:
* The bugs will get fixed

Please feel free to add further points against and for!

regards,
Charles

(*) What happened to the much vaunted security of the new wiki? Answer:
phpwiki is going through a period of optimisation to reduce its usage of memory and to speed it up. As a by-product, some parts have become unstable and security seems to be the worst hit. I am working with the main developer to try to resolve this. I am both supplying patches for areas where I am able and also reporting bugs and writing test-cases for areas where I am not (yet) able to fix.

If you are interested in getting more details, see http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpwiki and http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=4517