Re: Licensing news from Tentacles

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:32:58 -0000

> > I did not discuss the issues of quotations
> > or maps, that can wait.
>
> Am I right in thinking that all images are
> in fact held on other sites, and merely
> linked to from here? If so, it's the hosting
> site that has the "problem" with maps.

Yes, but... :-)
While it is true that they are hosted elsewhere, they are displayed as inline images in the wiki. It is arguable (and I would agree with that argument) that the wiki is the publishing site. However, I do not see an issue with getting the license for maps.

> Quotes ditto - make them a separate document, and link.

I think that the best approach is to go through the site, remove quotes and replace with references. We have a sufficient corpus of work to stand alone. Of course, this may take some time... :-(

regards,
Charles

PS sorry if this duplicates - it appears that Yahoo! ate my earlier response.