Re: Orlanthi magic boost, power balance

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:08:51 -0000

Thats about the size of it.

> But that's at the army v army level. How about at PC v
> individual opponent level? Or PC v PC comparisons?

On a full moon attack the Lunar champions and the orlanthi champions would be on a level playing field.

> Rob, let me ask you again. Some of your PCs had
> Orlanthi magic, which got boosted. Others didn't, and
> didn't. Was this a problem?

Not sure what you mean here Jane, in terms of what? We have quite a mature group, so we don't have people worried about so and so being more magically powerfull at this or that. Also they/ we have different jobs. In reality the augments were generally only an extra +1, and things like flying became easier, which suited me as they were at 17 for their flight affinities (which became 6W). And as all GM's know, you kind of scale it to fit the players, but they get a kick out of the illusion of being much more powerfull magically

> Also, how far did this "boost" extend? Was it, for
> instance, just inside the city walls? Not even
> extending as far as Tarkalor's Gate?

It was whilst under the cloud. Take a plan view of WW and draw a cloud that would extend maybe 1-200 feet over that in all locations at least.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Rob