RE: Re: Jumping off Cliffs

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 07:52:24 +0100

> Well, I didn't ask, really (see "We won't ask why...").

I know - and you thought that would stop me???

No, seriously, there was an implication there of "he should..." and "that won't happen so don't consider it".

> But, to me, a farmer
> would be best employed, well, farming. Support the revolution
> by providing
> food and comfort to rebels, being a Bread rebel, instead of a
> Sword rebel (BA 38). He is really, *really* out of his depth, here.

Yes. He is. Poor sod. And that's how heroes are made...

> > Does it REALLY seem like a good idea to hand Flight powers
> to everyone in Whitewall????
>
> Hey, *I* didn't bring it up, I'm just suggesting a way to do it.

I know, I know, and I'm just pointing out the consequences. Maybe for some people's games this IS a good idea.

> > One HP to join the hero-band, and you too can have Orlanth as your
> wyter...
> > Three blessings, all at W5s.... No, PLEASE don't go there!
>
> W5? For Great Orlanth? Hardly. Try W12.

(whimper)

As I say, for individual games, fine, whatever. But we're trying to come up with a generally-useful setting here, I thought? Something as unbalancing as that is hardly going to be of general use.