Re: R: Re: Off topic romans

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:58:16 -0700 (PDT)

> *Probably* in the fifteen or so years between Borderlands and Imperial Lunar Handbook 1
> many enthusiastic fans put more 'roman' flavour in the scarce information that was provided for the Lunars

Make that "people" rather than the derisory "fans" and I'll agree with you.

Really? To me fan is not derisory or derogatory, but... I consider myself a proud gloranthan fan. Anyway, for example, I filled my glorantha with science fiction ideas because I like science fiction, and my players too. Probably, many *people* who loved glorantha in the first place (uk and us) liked 'roman' hollywood style or the Monty Pythonesque roman comedies ('a long road to the forum', IIRC). Different countries, different moods. To me, considering the roman as an evil empire is strange indeed and Asterix is mildly antipathic ;-)