Re: Draconised (sic) myths

From: Paul Chapman <estarriol_at_hS4ur1Az-LDgZNPm0DGnUxBnwYTaCkHvN_uBOHFipx5WCwt263lw46cnj6gX_Ji330>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 17:17:47 +0000

Greg Stafford wrote:
> Orlanth and Yelm
> Yelm is the "normal thinking" part of a person's consciousness, and
> the quester must learn to master that before he obtains true dragon
> powers.
>
> Got the drift?

Interesting...

Greg, would it be fair to say that the EWF became largely an inappropriate change of theistic myth for the purposes of (draconic) mysticism? If so, would it further be fair to say that this is akin in its own way to the inappropriate change of theistic myth for the purposes of (Godlearner) sorcery?

Fascinating theme if so! I've not looked into the EWF much until now.

Cheers,
Paul C