Re: Take part in the Battle of Whitewall

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_er2MmetjYwDGny1mSzXWl8z5oeLWey55HmxbCFk1pXTkG0yNjvjj8YUojxOEAiYDZ4goa>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:50:13 -0800

> My dear Wowy...

> IMG (You may have written the Uwoxi up in ST, but sod that, you got it
> wrong
> mate)

Sez you!

, they know many more than two syllables. They even know how to say
> Antediluvian, though I may not know how to spell it. They are quite
> sentient
> people who have submitted to their bestial side in order to act as their
> master does/did. They spend enough time being utterly pastoral (literally)
> to contemplate the true meaning of the rages into which they descend when
> confronted with true evil. They write tweatises on how to harness the
> umbroli released when they break wind for the betterment of mankind, for
> heaven's sake.

So *your* Uroxi are more literate and intellectual than the rest of the Orlanthi? Wow, Your Glorantha Sure Do Vary!

> Imagine a sensitive soul such as yourself trapped inside the body of an
> animal (bull or muscle-bound warrior, take your pick). And every time you
> speak, people point out that you can't say your R's quite wight. And say
> you're a duck. And what is worse, say that you can't have any twagicomic
> sentiments because you are dewivative. Now add that to the whole
> supposed-to-fly-into-a-wage-when-you-actually-fancy-a-cuppa business. And
> call yourself Rory. (But not out loud, because you'll be widiculed).
>
> Rory, please be more sensitive, heh?

For the first years of my life (until around second grade), I had exactly this speech pattern. ("Wabbit" starts with the same sounds as "Water", wight?).*and* I was a kid with a terrible temper (something to do with two older brothers who liked to tease). So I know *exactly* what these people are going through.

In College, "Monty Python's Life of Brian" had come out, so I was forced to put up with "Welease Wodewick" quotes.

Feh! on you and your namby-pamby, psuedo-intellectual, hyper-sensitive, (probably clove-ciggarette-smoking) Uroxi! I've been been there and done that, and I *will* mock it!

:-p Bpbpbpbpbp!

RR