Re: Aftermath of the Battle of Iceland

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_V6JgHNmINKsCZNWUEkIlXgYpXKe-WY2wiqH34tlLLtxkz1QphuX6BjqYaoMZVOeLccP>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 10:44:30 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, jakyer_at_CCNyflGpDv2i4RiuApPqO5vEoUFp91LFUTI3c_Wiq91XUYMaI5KPmaeQ1be0yjyvlwgIZ9jsv2zHxO94.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> YGMV but the Black Oaks are comprised entirely of apostates, outlaws,
> opportunists, and their thralls. At least, that's the way I wrote them
> originally. There's a full writeup on them in YBOT called "Meet the
> Black Oaks." There's a brief writeup on them in Gathering Thunder as
> well. They are Bad News with little to recommend them.

Ah, ok - I don't have YBOT, was just going of whats in teh Saratar Rising books.

> The remaments of the clan does, however, survive in one form or another
> as a Rakstani clan joins the Colymar in the late 1620s. The clan wyter
> is Rakstant The Black Oak. I have a 'reverse Monrogh' heroquest
> scenario kicking around which reminds Doburdun of his kinship to the
> Storm Tribe. The scenarios associated with it, "Sheep and Distant Kin"
> and "Black Cloud Castle" were written to be a part of Sartar Rising IV
> but I am not sure what is to become of them now.

Can always hope they'll turn up in the Rgrath campaign.

thanks

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_L61OgVGScuyNGDEUZ2zxHW7emiykrL17XGpJfbBCaUN57u9ETG0TV4X60CtCmS--pV2qsbMwjCUMXDZR57hYWbY.yahoo.invalid