Re: 300. History? Heck No. But Glorantha? Sure!

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_tSaRbpNK3MSyrTSvenCVG3u8E3vdjS-Svyv6xsh8SY8jIdmiEYLbpBOAfcCsxgZY8-L>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:44:38 -0500

On 3/16/07, Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_21AO8MDRphVBfzU2RCTZwPlZzhXC6_kKY52uLa7XMJIELg6pAqAxLG1LbXmXtIuslKQMsBd452XVjYyGTHMbhBIYXWU.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> > Whether they count as "Iranians" I leave to others.
>
> Well, the Iranians are insisting that they do [snip]

I happened to be reading 'The Iranians' by Sandra Mackey today at lunch, so I can't resist the urge to chime in on this. Apparently Iran was called Persia until 1935 when Reza Shah changed it in an ironic fit of nationalism. Apparently he considered the name 'Iran' to be more authentically, well, Persian. So there you go.

Desperately resisting the urge to break into a chorus of 'Istanbul',

~Kevin McD