Re: How many Argraths?

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_JhsI7aInXCQpGcC1znOBEWq0OHT29otleZgu654UvquHHV6dyUxK7W6I5gM5K7HKucR>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:35:57 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> At 04:39 p.m. 25/03/2007, you wrote:
>
>>> The average praxian doesn't give a broo's arse about what
>>> heroes have done. They are far more interested in what heroes
>>> have done for them. Defending the cradle is not something
>>> that is going to impress the nomads.
>
>> I would expect them to recognise demonstrations of strength. Anyone
>> successfully defying the Lunars will make some impression.
>
> Making an impression is not Praxian for "sure, we'll
> follow you" that you were originally suggesting would
> happen. Cwm can defy the Lunars anytime but the
> Praxians still wouldn't follow him.

I wasn;t suggesting an autmoatic "we will follow you". All iw as usggesting was that someone partly responsible for saving the cradle would have a *better chance* of being followed than someone they didn't know at all.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_fMJ4oM5QCmnagdLpMjbWllxzO2KyjJHnXwGd9mTc3je1WmfSF7HYl0PJizr5ROBckS14BQuw9RWWL7766jnm.yahoo.invalid