Re: Tides on inland waters in Glorantha?

From: Stephen Hunt <chipchat_at_Ga1ivUzBrxp0nglRYc4xh9uDon63yEOfEeEMB-KP1eJkxnR_zXyCyWjF2Q-ncqRdsyY>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 23:01:12 +0100

With the presence of tides, the portion under the glacier would rarely be completely underwater, due to the rise and ebb of the tide.

However, the water would, over time, erode the portions of the glacier it passed through, creating open sections of ice caverns above the water line. Sometimes, the water might rise to fill this completely, forcing the air in the space out in explosive bursts that cracked off portions of glacier, but often it seems likely there would be enough air to venture a sailing.

Fraught and dangerous it would surely be, of course, with risk as likely to come from plummeting icicles the size of stalactites or sections where the passage was as perilous as the fastest of rapids, but possible? Who knows.... only a fool would try... wouldn't they?

Stephen Hunt

>Greg Stafford wrote:
>Sailed? Hmmm, I was thinking it was entirely underwater, But sailing
  it is cool, too.

  Of course they'll sail (maybe raft?).
  How do i get my heortling players there will need some thinking, but   DEFINITELY a place to be...
  By the way, your statement does imply theres no tide on rivers and   lakes, right?

  Cheers,
  Alex