Re: Nandandies Re: Real World Vingans

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_UsNnhkqV-Db-U1QjaFRbOx2k-9OtEpivEw54A0g2OusgZC6kg5NCdXzuIqVLC3uiMGXYXKD>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 13:22:53 -0700

YGWV Quoting Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_1inCLo5t5nVodFNf9l-aqmygup86B7SA7iei2qkcQj2Ir-IYcEoqhXkw96n5aVzehYVqryR2TOjJdIm5SpBtJ84.yahoo.invalid>:

>> No. Warriors don't become crafters. If they are
>> fortunate enough to
>> live toold age they are respected elders,
>
> But what do respected elders do with their time? Not
> just sit around being admired, I'm sure. And they're
> farmers before they're warriors, in most cases:

Depends. Some never become farmers whatsoever, but go right into being warriors upon initiation. Most of the sparthanes wo0uld do that.

> they'll have craft skills of sorts as part of that,
> ready to be developed.

In my clan, warriors who live to be so old that they can't do anything get to sit by the fire and tell tales. If they want to do just about anything, let 'em.

>> and if they cannot go off
>> raiding and defending then they will remain home as
>> guards and trainers.
>
> But if they're not physically up to that?

Then they are probably not up to most craft work either, I'd think.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford