Re: Deep, not popular

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_Y5gUIaJEu5UC9y61XABWE0-WCNa-7ET8NszIfUhh0sQqM6hC89NYGT4inSc4akBadq->
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 12:11:22 -0000

Paul King:
> On 6 Apr 2007, at 22:37, Simon Phipp wrote:
>

> > Not much, really.
>
> Aren't you forgetting a little business of a dragon and a temple ?

Was that Kallyr? It doesn't mention who was primarily involved. OK, a star fell from the sky, which turned out to be Orlanth's Ring, so perhaps Starbrow had a hand in that, but she never shows any draconic influence elsewhere, apart from speaking to a dragon in the Shipraising, which to me is a fairly blatant way of shoehorning her into the Dragonrise.

Argrath had the Dragonteeth, the EWF Banner and did the Utuma Dance to summon True Dragons to eat the Moon. So, if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on Argrath as being the chappie who awakened/summoned the dragon. After all, Orlanth's Ring is draconic in nature and belongs to all of the Orlanth Cult, not to Rigsdal, who is presumably the source of Kallyr's Stellar powers.

In fact, reading the text again, it seems that the "stars" were actually heroquestors as they are called "dancers" and the opposing priests used their stellar powers to oppose them. It looks as though each star was a band of heroquestors, as some died. One of these could well have been led by Kallyr, but she would have been one amongst many.