Re: Are brontosaurs taboo?

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_-ckTVUDXIdhJIRDj-y0Ig8d9_GRegljsitl3brhW56dLamQOAd5Eays9ZLswOl-3Tul_R>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 23:46:50 -0000

I don't think that's really the case. There are parts of the Nomad Gods map, mostly along the west edge of the map, where they might exist. We have no stories of bronto herding tribes nor of lost-bronto brothers of Waha.

The bronto units in White Bear, Red Moon is supposed to be compatible with Nomad Gods and as a herd unit, it has to deal with those rules. Its more of a compleatist thing than a missing myth.

Praxians live by Waha's Compact and there's no Waha Tribe or Independent People who have a deal with bronto brothers. That said, I am very, very sure that if any were close enough to the Plaines of Prax, they would be a primary target for the dinner table.

Brontos and other such Quakebeasts are associated with dragonewts and with the Earthquake Goddess Maran Gor. She is strong in Dragon Pass, particuarly around Kero Fin. She like most Earth Goddesses is absent in the Plaines of Prax.

But YGMV.

Jeff