Re: Adept's questions on chaos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_XNh5-g3GbDDNdF2YHxnYGGig--1uYf7_Mpu1S5-J9CM3Q99G5KXSZf08hlhD3rFzKoS>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:39:08 +1200

At 11:16 a.m. 19/04/2007, you wrote:

>On April 18, 2007 06:15 pm, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> > Krarsht: Movement, Stasis and Death.

>And, while she may not have a chaotic runic association, the writeup of
>Karsht that you quote from also describes her as one of the chaos
>things that came into the world in the wake of the Devil.

The Devil is not mentioned. And the first paragraph merely cites the fabric of the world being torn and illogical horrors seeping through. Which means that she could be from distant Pamaltela as far as anybody knows.

And the all important statement about Larnste seeking to stamp her out because she's a chaos horror begins "It is thought...".

>It also describes her as a target of Storm Bull

Storm Bull fought a lot of people in the Good Old Days including one Orlanth.

>and has Primal Chaos as an associated cult.

So do the Seven Mothers and Nysalor. But I think she seeks to bring Chaos under her control rather a Chaotic Goddess.

> As well, the Jaws of Karsht do get 'Sense Order' as a skill.

A skill dependent on a Moorcockian battle between Law and Chaos, which is not gloranthan. Undoubtedly the skill exists in some form or another but I wouldn't read too much into the RQII version.

>So, certainly chaotic in origin.

Not so.

--Peter Metcalfe